The New Year is coming. You’re ready. You’ve just gotten, or are about to get, your first (or fifth, or sixteenth) camera, and you want to shoot one of everything (just not necessarily in that order). You can take on the challenge that is the upcoming The First 10,000 365-Day Project (aka. 10,000/365), but if that doesn’t send you/float your boat/butter your biscuits, here are a series of prompts to help make your next 365 Day Project a success:
- 365 Movies: Use movie titles or scenes as prompts for your project.
- 365 Quotes
- 365 Books
- 365 Foods
- 365 Lyrics
- 365 Poems
- 365 Places
- 365 Questions: Your photos can pose, or answer, the questions. It’s up to you.
- 365 Things
- 365 Windows
- 365 Doors
- 365 Strangers
- 365 Cigarettes
- 365 Prop Project: I came across someone at El Morro in Puerto Rico who was carrying a stuffed hedgehog, and getting his (it was a he; I asked) photo at various places she visited. Try something similar.
- 365 Vehicles
- 365 Feet: Shoes, boots, pumps, pumped up kicks, bare feet, you name it.
- 365 Abstracts
- 365 Flat: Similar to Flat Stanley, print someone out — even yourself, if you’d like — and put them in your photos.
- 365 Revisited: Go back to things shot on a previous 365 and see how you’d do them differently this time around.
If you have ideas, thoughts, or suggestions, feel free to comment below, or to email firstname.lastname@example.org. More projects will be coming in the next couple of days, and the “Official” 10,000/365 will launch on January 1. Stay tuned!
The First 10,000 runs on passion (and an awful lot of caffeine). Buy me a coffee.